Schaefer and Long's Developing Professional Skills: Professional Responsibility
eBook - Lifetime digital access to the eBook, with the ability to highlight and take notes.
The Professional Responsibility book in our Developing Professional Skills series—used as a supplement to your regular text book—makes it easy to integrate skills training into the professional responsibility classroom. The book contains ten exercises designed to develop practice skills of legal drafting, client interviewing and counseling, negotiation, and advocacy. Students spend a manageable one to two hours on tasks including:
- counseling a law student about bar admission;
- negotiating a sales agreement, consistent with ethical obligations to be honest in dealings with third parties;
- acting as bar counsel seeking discipline against an attorney for violating confidentiality obligations through online comments;
- preparing time entries in client billing statements that are consistent with a lawyer’s obligations to clients; and
- drafting an advance conflict waiver.