Medill's Developing Professional Skills: Property
eBook - Lifetime digital access to the eBook, with the ability to highlight and take notes.
Incorporating skills training into a traditional property course is challenging. This creative and original book provides ten independent exercises designed to develop student skills in legal drafting, client interviewing and counseling, negotiation, and advocacy. Each exercise is based on fundamental property rules and doctrines so that the book can supplement any doctrinal casebook.
Students learn tasks such as:
- Replying to a client e-mail
- Writing a demand letter to an opposing party
- Preparing an executive summary
- Interviewing and counseling a client
- Litigating nondisclosure claims
- Negotiating a lease agreement and a condemnation award
- Drafting a deed and an easement agreement