Cox and Bok's Labor Law, Cases and Materials, 16th, 2019 Statutory Appendix and Case Supplement
Softbound - New, softbound print book.
The 2019 statutory and case supplement covers significant developments since the publication of the casebook, including:
- Super Shuttle DFW, Inc., 367 NLRB No. 75 (2019) accepting the D.C. Circuit’s approach to independent contractor determination.
- UPMC Presbyterian Hosp., 368 NLRB No. 2 (2019) restricting the access of union organizers to public spaces – a restaurant – on an employer’s premises when “promoting” the union.
- Didlake Inc., 367 NLRB No. 125 (2019) employer speech misstating the law as requiring the payment of union dues law is treated as a “factual misrepresentation” during a union campaign.
- Alstate Maintenance, LLC, 367 NLRB No. 68 (2019) restricting the scope of “concerted activity for mutual aid or protection”.
- G.C. Advice Memo. (Dec. 20, 2018), NLRB’s General Counsel effort to eliminate use of “Scabby,” the inflated rat.
- Board’s reconsideration of deferral to arbitration standards (March 15, 2019).
- Bridgewood Health Care Center, Inc., 367 NLRB No. 110 (2019) restricting remedy where successor employer unlawfully attempts to avoid successorship.
- Johnson Controls, 368 NLRB No. 20 (2019) partially abrogating Levitz Furniture where conflicting claims regarding majority support are made prior to the termination date of a collective bargaining agreement.