Cox and Bok's Labor Law, Cases and Materials, 16th, 2019 Statutory Appendix and Case Supplement
The 2019 statutory and case supplement covers significant developments since the publication of the casebook, including:
- Super Shuttle DFW, Inc., 367 NLRB No. 75 (2019) accepting the D.C. Circuit’s approach to independent contractor determination.
- UPMC Presbyterian Hosp., 368 NLRB No. 2 (2019) restricting the access of union organizers to public spaces – a restaurant – on an employer’s premises when “promoting” the union.
- Didlake Inc., 367 NLRB No. 125 (2019) employer speech misstating the law as requiring the payment of union dues law is treated as a “factual misrepresentation” during a union campaign.
- Alstate Maintenance, LLC, 367 NLRB No. 68 (2019) restricting the scope of “concerted activity for mutual aid or protection”.
- G.C. Advice Memo. (Dec. 20, 2018), NLRB’s General Counsel effort to eliminate use of “Scabby,” the inflated rat.
- Board’s reconsideration of deferral to arbitration standards (March 15, 2019).
- Bridgewood Health Care Center, Inc., 367 NLRB No. 110 (2019) restricting remedy where successor employer unlawfully attempts to avoid successorship.
- Johnson Controls, 368 NLRB No. 20 (2019) partially abrogating Levitz Furniture where conflicting claims regarding majority support are made prior to the termination date of a collective bargaining agreement.