Friedenthal, Miller, Sexton, and Hershkoff's Civil Procedure: Cases and Materials, 12th
To purchase the spiralbound Print on Demand version of this book you must purchase the eBook version in this same transaction or have previously purchased the eBook version. You may only purchase one Print on Demand version of this title.
Print on Demand books may take 2-3 weeks to arrive.
The casebook covers all of the major topics that a professor might wish to teach in a first-year course, and can easily be adapted for courses of one- or two-semesters, of different credit hours, and with varied practical or theoretical emphases. A supplement includes all updated Federal Rules, federal statutes and constitutional provisions pertinent to procedure, the pleadings in Twombly and Iqbal, a model case file, a litigation flow-chart, state materials, and other important teaching tools.
New materials include:
- Notes on the latest Supreme Court cases on general jurisdiction;
- Materials on the role of virtual contacts in determining personal jurisdiction
- Notes on the latest Supreme Court cases on diversity jurisdiction and the arising under power
- Note on the latest Supreme Court case on specialized venue
- Expanded notes on multidistrict litigation and group litigation
- Materials on the 2015 amendments to the discovery rules, including e-discovery
- Materials on the NFL concussion litigation and ascertainability under Rule 23.