Abrams, Beale, and Klein's Federal Criminal Law and Its Enforcement, 7th
eBook - Lifetime digital access to the eBook, with the ability to highlight and take notes.
The Seventh Edition of this classic casebook, which is designed to teach a broad-coverage federal criminal law course, is also well-suited for teaching white collar crime offerings. This volume addresses the key issues in federal criminal law and also includes material on timely, real-world topics, such as:
- recent college basketball recruiting and athletic admissions scandals;
- the opioid crisis as illustrated by a "pill mill" case in which a physician operating a pain management clinic arranged with a pharmacist to fill oxycodone prescriptions;
- obstruction of justice questions that arose in the special counsel investigation relating to the administration of President Donald Trump;
- possible political interference in federal prosecutors' decision-making;
- shootings in the U.S. involving or akin to terrorism;
- enforcement of immigration crimes—addressed in a new casebook chapter;
- the latest criminal justice reform legislation, the First Step Act.