Drake's Business Organizations in a Planning Context, Cases, Materials and Study Problems
Hardbound - New, hardbound print book.
This book is designed for a corporations or business organizations course that introduces fundamental entity concepts in the context of legal planning challenges and through exercises that develop analytical, problem solving, writing, and communication skills. The book features:
- 66 mini-case study problems
- Core doctrinal concepts and contemporary issues, such as say-on-pay, latest shareholder proposal trends, director election bylaws, JOBS Act of 2012, advance notice bylaws (round two), and more
- Comprehensive discussions on a wide range of planning challenges: choice-of entity, buy-sell agreements, employee protections, owner operational deal points, ethical challenges, shareholder debt, securities law exemptions, structuring business sales, director protections, controlling shareholder risks, hostile takeover bids, executive compensation, and more
- Practical, understandable discussions on financial statements, fundamental financial concepts, business entity taxation, going public realties, bonds, drafting key organizational documents, business valuations, and more
- Court opinions and statutory materials that eliminate the need for supplementary materials