|Black Letter Outlines|
The Black Letter Outline Series is designed to help students recognize, understand and master the primary principles of law by gaining a good understanding of the rule of law first before applying it to complex fact patterns. The Black Letter Outline Series can be used both as a study aid when preparing for class, and as a review when preparing for an examination. Each title is written by a recognized national authority.
- Comprehensive outlines of particular areas of law
- Capsule summary of outline
- Written by recognized national authorities
- Practice examinations
- Examples and review questions
Concepts and Insights Series|
|Publisher: Foundation Press|
This new professor-recommended series of paperback texts is written to complement casebook instruction and offer students concise, conceptual overviews of important areas of law. Written by leading casebook authors, these texts truly go beyond black letter law into the concept within a rule of law. The Concepts and Insights Series is often described as a teacher's manual for students.
- Professor approved and recommended
- Concise, insightful
- Leading scholars
- Beyond black letter law
|Concise Hornbook Series|
The Concise Hornbook Series has been developed specifically to provide for the needs of today's law students, while meeting the academic standards professors expect from West. The newly redesigned series features concise analyses of fundamental areas of the law by prominent legal scholars. Each text is lightly footnoted and focuses on the core principles and concepts fundamental to understanding the subject matter. Conveniently sized, yet expertly written to provide comprehensive coverage of the most crucial issues in a course, the Concise Hornbook can be an essential companion to your course.
- Written by experts
- Provide comprehensive coverage of the most crucial issues
- Focus on core principles and concepts fundamental to understanding
- Lightly footnoted to be student-friendly
- Conveniently sized to fit into a backpack or briefcase
Gilbert has a complete line of Employment Guides to help law students with all aspects of their legal job searches from creating a great resume, finding the truly great places to work, getting a judicial clerkship, maximizing law school classes and experiences for a desired specialty, and discovering ways to pursue non-traditional careers.
|Exam Pro Series|
Designed to help students prepare for law school tests, Exam Pro offers sample exams and responses with detailed analysis to help students understand the subject more thoroughly. Exam Pro helps build the skills needed to apply knowledge in an exam situation. Each Exam Pro has been prepared by a leading law professor and recognized expert. Each detailed question presents an essay-quality fact pattern based on a recently decided court decision.
- Comprehensive sample exams
- Questions based on current court decisions
- Answers with detailed explanations
- Multiple-choice and essay questions
- Citations to leading Hornbooks and Treatises
- Tear-out answer sheets
|Gilbert Law Summaries|
With Gilbert Law Summaries students get a detailed, comprehensive outline to prepare for exams. Each title also includes a capsule summary that is perfect for last minute review. Students can test their knowledge and fine tune exam skills with Gilbert's actual law school exam questions (multiple choice, short answer, and essay) which are featured at the back of each outline. Every question comes with a fully explained answer, and each question is cross-referenced back to the main outline for further review.
|Global Issues Series|
This series helps students understand the growing impact of nondomestic sources of law, as wells as the growing potential for transnational legal transactions and disputes. In an era of increasing globalization, it gives them the international perspective the need. The books examine issues related to international, transnational and comparative law - and thereby domestic law as well - that arise in basic law school courses.
The Hornbook - uniquely authoritative and intellectual - is the finest resource in primary legal education. The Hornbook Series provides students with in-depth information in a scholarly, yet direct way. The Hornbook is the definitive supplement to your classroom discussions and casebook studies.
- Recommended by more professors than any other study guide
- Provides historical and contemporary context for the law
- Broadens your understanding of topical areas of law
- Summary of cases
- Table of cases
|Law Stories Series|
Publisher: Foundation Press|
In the new Law Stories titles from Foundation Press, the General Editors and their guest contributors bring famous cases to life by telling the true, never-heard-before stories behind landmark cases. This fascinating series of texts covers significant cases in major areas of law, including tax, torts, constitutional law, civil procedure and property.
- Offer larger than life view of landmark cases
- Identify the parties to the dispute, motives and approach
- Outline the legal and historical context
- Discuss the immediate impact of the case
- Document the continuing importance of the case in shaping the law
- Every case is found in all leading casebooks
|Law School Legends Audio Series|
The nation's top law school professors, who draw rave reviews not only for their scholarship, but for their ability to make the law easy to understand, condense their courses into a single lecture on the Law School Legends Audio.
Nutshells are compact, soft-covered study guides that explain the most important issues of law, highlighting key cases and statutes. Nutshells are written by recognized experts who present the essential rules of law in a uniquely condensed format. Finely detailed and assiduously researched, the Nutshell is the perfect reference guide for a quick, simplified and thorough summation of the law.
- Concise exposition of the law
- Written by recognized experts
- Over 100 titles
- Compact for convenient reference
- Highlights of key cases and statutes
- Fast and easy referencing
|Short and Happy Series|
Efficient and exceedingly effective student guides that take difficult subject matter and make it accessible and easy to remember. These guides, written by nationally renowned teachers and scholars, streamline and demystify even the most complex topics with clear explanations, logical sequencing of the material, colorful acronyms, metaphor and imagery.
|Sum & Substance Audio Series|
The Sum & Substance Audio Series allows students to convert their commutes into study time. Key information and ideas are brought to life by many of the most interesting and successful law professors teaching today.
- Dynamic lectures by truly gifted professors
- Simplifies complex concepts and eliminates extraneous information
- Exam tips to maximize your performance
- Quick reference indexing
- Over 40 titles
- Select titles now available on CD
|Sum & Substance Quick Review|
Because of its unique features, Quick Review helps students prepare for class or final exams. All Quick Reviews contain a Capsule Summary providing the "big picture" of the subject, with margins for class notes.
- Outline summary of the law
- 10-5-2 hour study guides for critical hours before an exam
- Essay and multiple-choice Q&A
- Perforated and 3-hole punched pages, with large margins for class notes
- Case squibs
- Capsule summary of outline
|Turning Point Series|
Publisher: Foundation Press|
Compact in size, these 150-300 page texts cover complicated areas within a course of law. Turning Point texts present the history, richness and texture of a particular subject, enabling the student to see beyond black letter law. They are excellent supplement s to classroom discussion and help students better understand crucial legal topics.